Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005 Australia. Cooking times are not including the time it takes for the dough to rise.
- Grease a 5x8 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the warm milk and sugar in a bowl, stir in the yeast and allow to prove in a warm place for approximately 15 minutes, the yeast shouls have gone all bubbly.
- Add the eggs and ethe coconut essence.
- Mix the flour, desicated coconut and the rest of the sugar in large bowl.
- Stir in yeast mixture until you have a firm dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place back into a bowl, cover and allow to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until dough is doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and knead until smooth. Bit by bit knead in small pieces of the soft butter.
- Place dough into the greased loaf pan, cover and stand in warm place about 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas6 for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180°C/350°F/Gas4 and bake for a further 40 minutes.
- You might need to cover the loaf with foil if it begins to get to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool. If you want you can dust it with icing sugar just before serving.
This takes time to make but it was different. Between rising I would go to the pool then come back to to this. My neighbors laugh at me but thought it was a great way to use my spare time. Came out good. I almost forgot to post this.