Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005 Australia. Cooking times are not including the time it takes for the dough to rise.
- Grease a 5x8 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the warm milk and sugar in a bowl, stir in the yeast and allow to prove in a warm place for approximately 15 minutes, the yeast shouls have gone all bubbly.
- Add the eggs and ethe coconut essence.
- Mix the flour, desicated coconut and the rest of the sugar in large bowl.
- Stir in yeast mixture until you have a firm dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place back into a bowl, cover and allow to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until dough is doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and knead until smooth. Bit by bit knead in small pieces of the soft butter.
- Place dough into the greased loaf pan, cover and stand in warm place about 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas6 for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180°C/350°F/Gas4 and bake for a further 40 minutes.
- You might need to cover the loaf with foil if it begins to get to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool. If you want you can dust it with icing sugar just before serving.
This takes time to make but it was different. Between rising I would go to the pool then come back to to this. My neighbors laugh at me but thought it was a great way to use my spare time. Came out good. I almost forgot to post this.