1 hr 20 mins
This recipe was posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005 Australia. Cooking times are not including the time it takes for the dough to rise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 5x8 inch loaf pan.
- 2Combine the warm milk and sugar in a bowl, stir in the yeast and allow to prove in a warm place for approximately 15 minutes, the yeast shouls have gone all bubbly.
- 3Add the eggs and ethe coconut essence.
- 4Mix the flour, desicated coconut and the rest of the sugar in large bowl.
- 5Stir in yeast mixture until you have a firm dough.
- 6Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- 7Place back into a bowl, cover and allow to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until dough is doubled in size.
- 8Punch down the dough and knead until smooth. Bit by bit knead in small pieces of the soft butter.
- 9Place dough into the greased loaf pan, cover and stand in warm place about 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 10Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas6 for 20 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to 180°C/350°F/Gas4 and bake for a further 40 minutes.
- 12You might need to cover the loaf with foil if it begins to get to brown.
- 13Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool. If you want you can dust it with icing sugar just before serving.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3261.4
- Calories from Fat 1304
- Total Fat 144.9 g
- Saturated Fat 92.6 g
- Cholesterol 895.6 mg
- Sodium 1171.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 428.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 154.6 g
- Protein 65.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: