1/4 Photos of Coconut Prawns
1 hr 30 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
From Australian House and Garden. A wine suggestion: a white wine with tropical fruit flavours eg a Sauvignon Blanc Semillon. I've also posted the dipping sauces.Prep and cooking times are guestimates only and probably on the longer side as I am really slow at deveining prawns!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Devein prawns and rinse quickly under cold running water, then flatten very slightly with the heel of your hand.
- 2Refrigerate until needed.
- 3Sift flour, salt and cornflour into a bowl.
- 4Add vinegar and water and mix to a smooth batter.
- 5Spread coconut on a flat plate.
- 6Dust prawns lightly with extra flour, then dip into the batter.
- 7Allow the excess to run off then coat with coconut.
- 8Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan and test for the correct temperature with one prawn (oil should not be too hot or the coconut will burn before the prawn cooks).
- 9Cook prawns in batches and drain on paper towels.
- 10Serve hot, accompanied with lime wedges and dipping sauces such as Yoghurt and Mint Sauce or Chilli Plum Sauce.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 1442.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 35.9 g