1/4 Photos of Coconut Shrimp Soup
This is posted for the World Tour 2005 event. I'm learning about Australian cuisine, and believe this recipe represents a typical dish, using readily available ingredients. The source is the current Everyday Food magazine. It's slightly modified.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to your own preference)
- 1 lb carrot (halved lengthwise, and sliced)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- kosher salt
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1Heat oil in a 3 qrt saucepan over medium-low heat. when the oil is hot, add ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute, stirring continually. Add carrots, coconut milk and 3 cups water.
- 2Mix cornstarch and 2 tbsp water in a small bowl until smooth, and add to the pot. Bring the liquid to a boil.
- 3Break pasta in half and add to the pot. Return the liquid to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer until pasta is al dente and carrots are tender (about 4 - 5 minutes).
- 4Add shrimp to the pot, and stir until the shrimp is opaque (about a minute). Remove pot from the heat, and stir in lime juice and salt.
- 5Garnish individual servings with scallions.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shrimp Soup
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.4
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 214.8 mg
- Sodium 1084.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 58.2 g
- Protein 29.6 g