1 hr 41 mins
1 hr 17 mins
These are more of a special occasion treat than an everyday cookie. Also, these are probably more for older tastes than for kids. (A big hit with adults at a recent engagement party.) Don't be scared that it looks like a lot of work - they really aren't that bad! You will need a 5.5cm round cookie cutter. Australian measurements used. Taken from Australian Women's Weekly: Cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g plain flour
- 125 g cold butter, chopped
- 55 g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 18 walnut halves
- 185 g unsalted butter, softened
- 120 g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 125 g walnuts, chopped finely
- 1Sift flour into a medium bowl. Using only fingertips, rub in butter. Mix should look like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar, vanilla and egg.
- 2Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Divide dough into 2. Roll one half between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Repeat with 2nd half. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 180 Deg C, 356 Deg F. Grease & line trays with baking paper.
- 4Use the round cutter to cut out 36 cookies. Place on trays and bake for around 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Make butter cream.
- 5When cool sandwich cookies together with walnut butter cream and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Make coffee icing.
- 6Spread the top of each cookie with icing and top with a walnut half.
- 7Butter Cream: Using an electric mixer and a small bowl, beat butter and sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy. Combine cocoa, coffee and water then beat into mix. Stir in walnuts.
- 8Coffee Icing: Sift icing sugar into a small heatproof bowl. Combine coffee and water then stir into sugar. Add butter. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water and stir until icing is glossy and spreadable.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee & Walnut Cream Cookies (Biscuits)
Serving Size: 1 (1215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.5
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 47.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g