Very pretty twist on a Tequila Sunrise. Use a martini glass to keep the layers separate. From Jody Vassallo's Style Drinks. The suggested food pairing is layered tomato, basil and bocconcini.
- crushed ice
- 1 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- grenadine, dash of
- 3 1⁄2 ounces orange juice, freshly squeezed
- Angostura bitters, dash of
- Fill a cocktail glass with crushed ice.
- Add cointreau. Top with a dash of grenadine, and fill up carefully with orange juice. Add a dash of bitters, to taste.
LOvely flavours & simple to make, not too sweet too, just lovely Made for This rounds on me!
I agree with CookieDog, this would be a terrific brunch beverage for a special occasion. Very fruity and sweet. Thanks, Amanda in Oz! Made for Aussie/New Zealand Recipe Swap #19.
This is a nice, mild drink that would be perfect for brunch. I rushed and didn't get the layered effect so I add a bit more grenadine and that sunk to the bottom so it still was very pretty. Thank you Amanda!