Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
The marinade contains lime juice, which tenderizes the chicken. after more than a few hours though, the meat fibres canbecome so soft that the chicken literally falls apart, which means that this dish is not suitable for overnight marinating.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, plus
- extra fresh coriander, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Finely chop the garlic and corriander then mix in the peppercorns, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and sunflower oil until well blended.
- Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and set aside for 1-2 hours, turning from time to time.
- Preheat a heavy based non-stick and cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with a pasta salad, garnished with corriander leaves.
This was a very good recipe. I didn't give it 5 stars though because I feel the garlic was a bit overpowering and excessive. My whole family enjoyed it though with that minor comment.