1/1 Photo of Coriander (Cilantro) Fish Ball Soup
I found this recipe on Taste.com.au but I modified it a lot for our dinner tonight. The two of us greedy pigs ate it all, but more modest eaters could get 3 serves I reckon. The original recipe had more of the ingredients, but we are just two, so I am posting it for us to make again soon. We thought it was wonderful! It might look like a lot of ingredients, but I thought it was super easy to make. The nutritional data on my chicken stock said it was virtuallyt fat free as were the pad-thai noodles, but Food.com's data thinks differently!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fat-free chicken stock
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 2 whole star anise
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 green chili, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 350 g boneless white fish fillets, skin removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1Place stock, ginger, star anise, soy sauce,sugar, garlic and half the green chilli in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- 2Meanwhile, place fish, coriander, lime rind, garlic in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Process until combined. Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- 3Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain.
- 4Strain stock mixture into a bowl. Return to pan over medium heat. Add fish balls to stock mixture. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, then add the broccoli florets through. Cook for two minutes, then add the asparagus, cook a minute more, then lastly dd snow peas. Cook for 1 minute or until tender.
- 5Divide noodles between bowls. Ladle soup, vegetables and fish balls over noodles. Top with coriander and serve with a lime wedge.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coriander (Cilantro) Fish Ball Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.9
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 215.6 mg
- Sodium 1642.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 74.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: