Please allow 2 hours refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 double kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chile pepper jam
- 1To make the sauce combine all the sauce ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
- 3To prepare the chicken, dissolve the palm sugar in the oyster sauce.
- 4Stir in the egg and the sesame seeds, shredded coconut, garlic and coriander.
- 5Spread the crust over the top of the chicken breasts and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 6Preheat an oven to 200°C.
- 7Heat the vegetable oil in a large fry pan.
- 8Place chicken breasts in pan, crust side down and cook over a moderate heat until crust is golden, about 5 minutes.
- 9Turn breasts and transfer to a baking tray, crust side up. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 10While chicken is cooking, bring a pot of water to the boil and lightly steam or blanch the sugar snap peas for 1 minute.
- 11Drain and divide between individual serving plates.
- 12Place chicken breast, crust side up, on the peas and spoon sauce around.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coriander, Sesame and Coconut Crusted Chicken With Lime Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.7
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 189.7 mg
- Sodium 1074.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 61.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
kaffir lime leaves
chile pepper jam