Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Please allow 2 hours refrigeration time.
Make and share this Coriander, Sesame and Coconut Crusted Chicken With Lime Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1⁄2 cup mirin
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 double kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chile pepper jam
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250 g sugar snap peas
- To make the sauce combine all the sauce ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
- To prepare the chicken, dissolve the palm sugar in the oyster sauce.
- Stir in the egg and the sesame seeds, shredded coconut, garlic and coriander.
- Spread the crust over the top of the chicken breasts and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 200°C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large fry pan.
- Place chicken breasts in pan, crust side down and cook over a moderate heat until crust is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Turn breasts and transfer to a baking tray, crust side up. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, bring a pot of water to the boil and lightly steam or blanch the sugar snap peas for 1 minute.
- Drain and divide between individual serving plates.
- Place chicken breast, crust side up, on the peas and spoon sauce around.