Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
A breakfast dish from a her low GI cookbook. Times estimated. Given a low GI rating.
Make and share this Corn and Salmon Eggs on Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 125 g canned corn kernels (40z drained)
- 50 g smoked salmon (1 2/3 oz chopped)
- 1 spring onion (scallion sliced)
- 2 chives (fresh snipped)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices grain bread (dense such as cape seed bread)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Put the eggs into a pan and cover with cold water and bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes or until hard-boiled and then peel and roughly chop the eggs.
- Combine the chopped eggs with the corn, salmon, spring onion and chives and season with the salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread and spread with the combined ricotta and capers and pile the egg mixture on top and serve.
First of all I doubled the recipe (and added an extra egg) because I didnt think it would be enough for five. My son refused to eat it and there were still no leftovers. The other change I made was the fact that somewhere between the store and the house a loaf of bread disappeared so we ate it on crackers instead of toast. It deserved more than 5 stars!