Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Toddler DD wont normally eat pumpkin but she ate these no problem with some cream cheese & ham, also nice served with hommus. Found on Taste.com.au, I cheated & used canned corn but the recipe calls for fresh.
- 2 corn cobs, husk and silk removed
- 150 g fresh ricotta
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 40 g self-raising flour
- 250 g piece butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, coarsely grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml olive oil
- Use a sharp knife to cut down the length of each corn cob, close to the core, to remove the kernels.
- Cook corn in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender (see microwave tip 1). Drain well.
- Combine the ricotta and egg in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the flour and stir until combined. Add the pumpkin and corn. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Heat 2 tbs of the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup (80ml) of pumpkin mixture into the pan and flatten slightly. Repeat to make 3 more hash browns. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat in 1 more batch.