1/1 Photo of Corn, Pumpkin & Ricotta Hash Browns
Toddler DD wont normally eat pumpkin but she ate these no problem with some cream cheese & ham, also nice served with hommus. Found on Taste.com.au, I cheated & used canned corn but the recipe calls for fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a sharp knife to cut down the length of each corn cob, close to the core, to remove the kernels.
- 2Cook corn in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender (see microwave tip 1). Drain well.
- 3Combine the ricotta and egg in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the flour and stir until combined. Add the pumpkin and corn. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- 4Heat 2 tbs of the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup (80ml) of pumpkin mixture into the pan and flatten slightly. Repeat to make 3 more hash browns. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat in 1 more batch.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn, Pumpkin & Ricotta Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.7
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.0 mg
- Sodium 178.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: