Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Beautiful slow cooked corned meat. Put it on in the morning and it's ready by dinner time when you arrive home. This recipe actually came with my Sunbeam Slowcooker/ Crockpot and my family really loved it. It was so tender and moist
- 1 1⁄2 kg corned beef (corned silverside)
- 10 peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- Take the meat out of it's packaging and rinse under the tap. Place in the crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and enough water to barely cover the meat. I leave the peppercorns whole.
- Place on Slow setting and cook for 8 to 8.5 hours or on High setting for 4 to 4.5 hours.
- When done, remove the meat from the crockpot and wrap in aluminium foil until ready to slice (this will keep your meat moist).
I'm a pommy convert - tried this recipe when visiting family in Australia, much preferred t(tastier and healthier) to the English tinned version of corned beef - thanks. It's in the pot as I type - yummy.
This was excellent like it being done in slow cooker. Thanks
Tender, juicy and delicious corned beef. So simple to throw together, too. I left the meat sit to "rest" about 15 minutes before slicing it. It was perfect. Thanx for sharing!