1/2 Photos of Corned Meat ( Silverside or Beef)
1 hr 10 mins
My family just love this dish. Traditional way is to serve it with mashed potato and white sauce but we usually have it served sliced and with veges. The leftovers usually become sandwich meat with pickles (that is if my husband leaves any!).The weight of the meat does not matter- boil 30mins per 500 grams
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take the meat from the bag and place in a large saucepan or boiler.
- 2Cover with water and add all of the ingredients.
- 3Bring to the boil and reduce to a gentle heat to keep the water on a gentle boil. Cover the saucepan.
- 4Slowly boil until cooked. 30 minutes for each 500 grams of meat.
- 5Remove the meat form the water when cooked and wrap in aluminium foil (you can line the foil with baking paper if desired.).
- 6You can slice the meat after about 10 minutes. The meat slices better the longer it is left. The meat can be sliced into thin sandwich slices when cold.
- 7To reheat meat either use the microwave or heat in the foil in the oven until warmed thru.
- 8NOTE: The vegetables cooked in the water are used for flavouring only and are discarded after the meat has cooked.
- 9The number of servings and cooking time depends on the size of the piece of meat.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Meat ( Silverside or Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.5 mg
- Sodium 1431.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 23.2 g