Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mum always cooked these delicious cookies when I was a child. I believe the recipe was originally published by Kellog's on the back of the cornflake cereal box (in Australia). My favourite way to eat these is raw. If I eat them cooked I like them so they are still gooey in the middle. I dont like them cooked for too long as they go crunchy and loose all of the gooey goodness.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Add vanilla, sifted flour, choc chips and 2 cups cornflakes.
- With the remaining cornflakes cover them with plastic and smash them up slightly with the back of a rolling pin or other hard object.
- Roll dessert spoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll in extra cornflakes. (In this raw state they are delicious).
- Place on greased baking tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 10 minutes.
Really yummy recipe, very sweet though so I wonder if the sugar could be reduced a little?? I used cinnamon chips that I got from a swap partner in the US and OMG they were divine in this. Thanks for posting!
I made these for our 7yo and 10yo for school snacks. BF ate two before they had cooled! He said I'm not to make them anymore because he has no control as they are just too yummy! Excellent recipe, thanks for sharing.