Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mum always cooked these delicious cookies when I was a child. I believe the recipe was originally published by Kellog's on the back of the cornflake cereal box (in Australia). My favourite way to eat these is raw. If I eat them cooked I like them so they are still gooey in the middle. I dont like them cooked for too long as they go crunchy and loose all of the gooey goodness.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Add vanilla, sifted flour, choc chips and 2 cups cornflakes.
- With the remaining cornflakes cover them with plastic and smash them up slightly with the back of a rolling pin or other hard object.
- Roll dessert spoonfuls of mixture into balls and roll in extra cornflakes. (In this raw state they are delicious).
- Place on greased baking tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 10 minutes.