Adaptation of a recipe I saw on a cooking show a few years ago. I've listed exactly what I used on this occasion but of course a lot of variations are possible and different styles of cheese may be used.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, diced
- 100 g ham, virginian sliced and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 green capsicum, diced (green pepper)
- 1⁄4 red capsicum, diced (red pepper)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 100 g cream cheese, finely diced
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add grated potato, parsley, ham, pepper, sage and onion to bowl and mix.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat and add mixture, set temperature so it is just bubbling.
- Evenly spread mushrooms, tomato, capsicum and cheeses over top.
- Cook without turning until top is starting to firm, around 30 minutes.
- If required flip over and cook other side around one minute to set egg.
- Serve cut in half without folding.