1/13 Photos of Country Style Omelette
Peter J's Note:
Adaptation of a recipe I saw on a cooking show a few years ago. I've listed exactly what I used on this occasion but of course a lot of variations are possible and different styles of cheese may be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, diced
- 100 g ham, virginian sliced and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 green capsicum, diced (green pepper)
- 1/4 red capsicum, diced (red pepper)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 100 g cream cheese, finely diced
- 1Whisk eggs in a medium bowl.
- 2Add grated potato, parsley, ham, pepper, sage and onion to bowl and mix.
- 3Melt butter in pan over medium heat and add mixture, set temperature so it is just bubbling.
- 4Evenly spread mushrooms, tomato, capsicum and cheeses over top.
- 5Cook without turning until top is starting to firm, around 30 minutes.
- 6If required flip over and cook other side around one minute to set egg.
- 7Serve cut in half without folding.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Style Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.0
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 655.8 mg
- Sodium 1221.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 37.2 g