I love couscous, and this is a variation I make quite often. You could use golden raisins instead of the craisins but I think they taste yummy.
- 2 cups stock (could use vegetable or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 8 snow peas, topped tailed,blanched in boiling water 1 minute,finely julienned
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced (green)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (I do this by dry roasting them in a small fry pan over a medium heat, shaking often)
- 1⁄2 preserved lemon, rinsed,flesh discarded,and peel finely julienned
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- Bring the stock and oil to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the couscous, cover, and remove immediately from the heat.
- Allow to stand for 3 minutes, or as directed on your couscous box.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and fluff upp with a fork, then place in a serving bowl.
- Top with the garnish ingredients and serve at once.