Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from our local state paper and I am saving it here so I can take it on holidays with us. I also think these could be good as mini burgers and served with a few difference dipping sauces eg the mayo, sweet chilli and or soy or even just with some lemon wedges.
- 400 g crabmeat (about 2-3 decent sized blueswimmer crabs)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (day-old)
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (flt-leaf chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (or other crumbs)
- vegetable oil (for shallow-frying)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (additional)
- 2 tablespoons herbs (fresh chopped, parsley, dill, basil or what you have)
- 1 baguette (cut into 4 sections and each split)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes (cut into slices)
- Combine the crab meat, day old crumbs, spring onions, parsley, garlic, seasoning and first lot of mayonnaise.
- Mix together lightly and carefully shape into four patties - wet hands will help for this.
- Then coast them with the panko crumbs (or other ones).
- Heat a shallow layer of oil in a frypan and carefully brown the patties (to mixture is already cooked so you only need to brown and warm through) and be careful when turning.
- For the Herb Mayo - simply combine the second lot of mayonnaise and the herbs.
- mear the herb mayo over both sides of the split bread sections, leaving some in reserve.
- Lay on the lettuce, tomato and crab burger, then finish with a blob of maylo on the top and top with other half of baquette slice and enjoy.
Beautiful! Great fresh flavours from the herbs and the baguette was a perfect constrast to the light fluffy texture of the burger.