Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice and hearty-a good way to use more of the crabs we are catching
Make and share this Crab Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced about 1/2 inch
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 celery ribs, sliced finely
- 1 (440 g) can creamed corn
- 1 (310 g) can corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup crab
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat; add the onion, garlic, bacon, potatoes, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add the cans of corn, the stock powder, sauces, lemon juice, water and pepper. Stir well then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until the potato is cooked. Add more water if the soup is looking too thick.
- Add the crab meat and cook for a couple of minutes to warm through.
- Stir through the cream and parsley warm a minute more then serve.