Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I looked for crab salad recipes, but a lot had celery and a lot had way too much mayo for our likes. Feel free to use more mayo-I just wanted our crab moistened rather than “gloopy”. We cooked our own mud crab for this, but I think it would work with tinned or imitation (something I have never tasted). I haven't allowed for the catching, cooking, chilling or picking of the crab in prep times.
- 250 g crabmeat
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes, diced quite finely
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled, finely diced
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 -5 drops hot sauce
- shredded lettuce, to serve
- Mix all ingredients except lettuce together, gently but thoroughly.
- Pile the lettuce on 2 plates; divide the crab salad between the 2 plates.
- Serve with crusty fresh bread (buttered if you are Australian;-) ) and a lime wedge on the side.