I made these for dinner last night and thought they were excellent. I caught the crab, but you could use canned or imitation I guess
- 3⁄4 cup crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 green onion, very finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1⁄4 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Mix together first 7 ingredients. Refrigerated about 20 minutes to firm up the mixture.
- Cut a slit in longest side of chicken fillet, lay open and fill with half the mixture,.
- Press edges together to seal.
- Carefully coat each side of breast in seasoned flour, shake excess off.
- Dip into egg, then into the crumbs, pressing gently to coat.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Pour oil into a shallow pan. Place the chicken breast in serving side down, coat in oil and turn over.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked through but still juicy.