I found this recipe on CalorieKing and thought it would be a wonderful way to use some of the crabs we've been catching.
- 8 portabella mushrooms (100g each with stem)
- 200 g light cream cheese
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml black pepper (or to taste)
- 400 g crabmeat, raw
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 118.29 ml low-fat swiss cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Remove and discard stems. Gently wash; put aside to dry while preparing filling.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add spring onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper; mix well.
- Stir in crabmeat, tomatoes, and cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps; sprinkle each cap with 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are lightly.