This recipe comes from a tiny recipe book I've had for years after inheriting it from my mum. I have given the recipe in double quantity because I don't believe in half measures for anything yummy....... TIP: use the spreadable cream cheese, as the normal one never seems to go creamy enough
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and line with baking paper extending over sides a bit - a lamington size tin.
- 2Melt the chocolate butter and brown sugar over a VERY low heat, then allow to cool a bit and whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- 3Fold in the sifted together flour, soda and cocoa and pour in to the prepared tin.
- 4Beat the cheese and caster sugar together till creamy, you will probably need to use a electric beater here unless you are a glutton for punishment, as its hard work by hand! Spoon in blobs on to the mixture in the tin, and swirl round a bit with a knife in random spots.
- 5Bake at 180 degrees for about 45 minutes. This can depend a bit on your oven, but don't try to hurry it by turning your oven up too much or the texture will be a bit tough.
- 6This mix has a soft fudgy texture and when cooked, will have a firm top, but a few crumbs will stick when tested with a skewer.
- 7Leave in tin and chill overnight, but do loosen the sides a bit with a knife first.
- 8Lift out of tin using the paper, onto a flat surface, and cut into squares, dipping knife in HOT water after each cut and wiping on paper towel.
- 9ENJOY -- and remember that old adage, any chocolate eaten standing up, has no calories.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.9
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 196.1 mg
- Sodium 351.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 11.6 g