1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Pastry - Gluten Free
This is a very versatile pastry. It can be used for sweet or savoury pies or tarts and even as a base for a baked cheesecake. There is no need to pre-cook this pastry before filling, if using as a pie or quiche shell. It freezes well. Nobody would realise this is gluten free. It makes a beautiful golden and crisp pastry that is not crumbley. I have used this recipe to make tart shells-just use a round cutter and place into lightly greased muffin trays-Fantastic and they stay fresh for days! Cook the tart cases and then fill with caramel or lemon curd. For Easter I filled the tarts with chocolate mousse and topped them with a mini Easter Egg. This recipe uses the US. white, powdery potato starch This is a soft dough...which is the reason for the 30 minutes refrigeration. After being chilled it will be easier to use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the cream cheese with the butter, stir until smooth. You can use wooden spoon to mix.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Using a clean or gloved hand towards the end of the mixing will quicken the process and bring the mix together quickly.
- 3Chill the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator and then use as required. If the dough is a little stiff, knead lightly and it will become more pliable.
- 4Roll out between sheets of baking paper as this stops the pastry from clinging to the work surface and your rolling pin. It also eliminates the need to use extra flour when rolling the dough.
- 5Cook at the temperature required for your recipe. I have found that there is no need to grease or spray the tins/bakeware.
- 6The pastry cases I have cooked at fanforced 180°C for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Pastry - Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4100.2
- Calories from Fat 2630
- Total Fat 292.2 g
- Saturated Fat 183.5 g
- Cholesterol 809.2 mg
- Sodium 2281.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 333.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 46.6 g