1/1 Photo of Cream of Fish Soup
This is worth making your own fish stock for. Any white fish fillets can be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute, then pour in the stock and stir away from the heat.
- 2Season with salt and pepper, then add the crushed garlic, cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Reserve a few prawns for garnish, then pound the rest in a mortar and pestle.
- 4Add the fish and pounded prawns to the sauce and simmer covered for a further 10 minutes.
- 5Puree the soup in a blender, food processor or use a stick blender.
- 6Return the soup to the saucepan checking the seasonings, add salt and pepper if necessary.
- 7Add the cream to the soup and reheat gently.
- 8Serve garnished with the reserved prawns.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Fish Soup
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 193.1 mg
- Sodium 676.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 30.8 g