Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy creamed corn. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
Make and share this Creamed Corn (Like I Used to Make at the Pub) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups corn (defrost if frozen)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ground black pepper
- Melt the butter.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring over medioum heat for a minute.
- Add the corn and cook stirring another minute or two.
- Add the cream and cook over a medium heat until thickened and almost at a gentle boil.
- Add the sugar, stock powder and pepper and cook over a low heat for 5 mintes more.
WOW!!! We have sweetcorn quite often, but I have never tried creamed sweetcorn before,,,what was I missing? As I'm a ceoliac, I used cornflour instead of ordinary flour and creme fraiche instead of cream. The whole family were in agreement,,,(that does'nt happen often) this must be made again.
This recipe is delicious! I used canned corn and followed the recipe with the exception of leaving out sugar and chicken stock. I don't even like canned corn but this recipe even makes canned corn taste great!
This is a wonderful recipe JustJan. I really enjoyed the creamed corn. It was really quick and very easy to make. The flavor is outstanding, the dish is creamy and delicious. Thanks so much for sharing. Into my keeper box this goes.