ZWT7, Italy. A sweet finish. From http://www.macnuts.com.au
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup arborio rice (risotto)
- 750 ml water
- 500 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large beurre bosc pears, pealed and cut into thick lengthwise slices
- 4 tablespoons macadamia nuts, roasted and chopped
- 1Put the rice, 750ml water, milk and sugar in a pot.
- 2Remove the seeds from the vanilla bean and add the bean itself. Bring to the boil.
- 3Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, or until the rice is tender.
- 4Blend the custard powder with 2 tablespoons water and stir through the rice mixture.
- 5Continue stirring until the mixture boils, then simmer for 2 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- 6Remove from the heat, cover the surface of the rice mixture with plastic wrap and allow to stand while preparing the pears.
- 7Gently heat the honey and cinnamon in a shallow fry pan, add the pear slices in batches and cook over a medium heat until they brown and soften slightly. Remove from the heat.
- 8Remove the vallina bean and spoon the creamed rice into bowls. Stand pear slies upright at the edge of each bowl.
- 9Sprinkle with chopped macadamias.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Rice & Honey Macadamia Pears
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 70.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: