Pasta is another food that has recently become one of our firm 'everyday' (or even comfort) favorite foods
- Heat a large pot of water for the pasta. When the water is boiling, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well, then return the pasta to the cooking pot and toss with oil.
- Cut the chicken across the grain into strips about 1cm wide. sprinkle these with the flour and toss to combine.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the extra oil in a large fry pan, add the floured chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the chicken has lost its pink color. Transfer the chicken to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the pan, then the garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have softened, then add the herbs, cream and stock. Allow the mixture to come to the boil, stirring occasionally, then add the chicken and any juices. Simmer for 3-4 minutes longer, then stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- cook for 2-3 minutes longer, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked, drained pasta and toss gently to combine. Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes, then stir again and serve, garnishing with a little Parmesan and/or chopped fresh basil if desired.