1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
I love this pasta dish. I just saw a similar recipe in a magazine but minus a few of my inclusions. I think its the mustard that gives this the unique taste. I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 375 g pasta (I use shells, penne or rigatoni)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 200 -250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of liquid chicken stock
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- olive oil
- shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta until cooked, drain and return to the pan.
- 2In a large frypan, add olive oil and fry the onion until translucent, add chicken, chilli, basil and oregano and cook until browned. Remove from pan.
- 3In the same pan add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- 4Add chicken stock, cream and mustard and return the chicken and onion mixture to the pan.
- 5Bring to boil. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickening.
- 6Add the chicken sauce to the pasta and fold through.
- 7Top with shaved parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.7
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 151.0 mg
- Sodium 107.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard