1/8 Photos of Creamy Chicken Pizza Topping
1 hr 30 mins
Peter J's Note:
A local pizza joint makes a creamy chicken pizza which is one of my favourites so I thought I'd try to recreate it. They use mushrooms whereas I've used pineapple because I always like the extra sweetness and moisture that pineapple gives to a pizza. I've assumed you are already armed with a pizza base and know how to use it, personally I used Pizza Dough (For Bread Machine) and cooked on an outdoor grill but then browned a little under a grill. For a fresh dough it's best to pre-cook a little because otherwise the liquid will seep in and make it soggy. I used the quantities listed to top to a 35cm / 14" pizza, it tends to spread out a bit while cooking so make sure you cook in a well sized tray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated and divided
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice (reserve juice if using tin)
- 1/2 cup pineapple, coarsely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 150 g tomato paste
- 1Cook chicken breast in oven for 30 minutes at 180°C / 350°F or grill until cooked through. You can of course use leftover chicken.
- 2Melt butter over gentle heat in a small saucepan and stir in flour until mixed well.
- 3Stir in milk gradually and continue to stir until it has reduced just a little, not much just a minute or two.
- 4Reduce temperature to low and stir through cheese until it has just melted and remove from the heat.
- 5Stir through the pineapple juice and stir rapidly to get it back to a thinner consistency.
- 6Coarsely cut the chicken into cubes roughly 1cm (little under 1/2") across and add to the cheese sauce and mix through.
- 7Stir through pineapple, onion, garlic, parsley, chives and sage. Place in the refrigerator 30 minutes while you prepare the oven/grill or alternatively it can be done in advance.
- 8Spread the base with the tomato paste or your favourite pizza sauce and then evenly spread the chicken mixture over the top.
- 9Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella over the top and cook as per your preferences until the cheese is melted through etc.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Pizza Topping
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 553.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 22.5 g