Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the ultimate in comfort food; smoked fish in a creamy corn sauce, topped with an easy mashed kumara/potato.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 535 g sweet corn soup
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon zest
- 400 g smoked fish fillet, flaked
- 450 g kumara or 450 g potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 salt and pepper
- Boil kumara and mash, add milk and mix thru.
- Heat a dash of oil in a non stick frying pan and cook onion until soft.
- Pour in the Creamy Corn Soup , frozen peas, parsley and lemon zest. Stir over the heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the smoked fish then pour into a medium sized oven proof dish.
- Place the mashed kumara on top of the fish pie.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180°C for 25-30 minutes. Finish under the grill for a few minutes to get a great golden top.
- Serve with a salad or your favorite green vegetables.