1/1 Photo of Creamy Garlicy Seafood Marinara
Something that the DH and I put together. I have not included the time to cook the pasta (this can be done while you are cooking the seafood). Have had the FIL and MIl cooking this for some cousins (niece on the MIL'd side) but he nieces DH is severe celiac (using gluten free cream and sour cream and so his serve his portion is with rice (but have to up the sauce as the rice sucks it up, where it is coated over the pasta). Also please feel free to change the seafood mix to what you like or for that matter the vegetables, this recipe is not set in stone. Also times are based on prawns being deviened and peeled. fish filleted and just have to cube (sorry but we quite often make this from total scratch, filleting fish, peeling deviening prawns and cleaning squid - add another 1 hour if you are doing this too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g prawns (raw, peeled and deviened)
- 300 g fish (firm, cubed)
- 1 squid (tube, sliced into rings)
- 200 g scallops (meat)
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (grated)
- 1 -2 chile (to taste, deseeded and finely sliced)
- 1 spring onion (scallion, finely sliced)
- 3 tablespoons cream (thickened)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (light)
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup carrot (juliened)
- 350 g fettuccine pasta
- 4 -6 tablespoons peanut oil (to fry seafood)
- 1Cook pasta as per packet directions (time to have ready for step 10, it needs to be warm, if it goes cold it will stick together and the sauce won't coat it well).
- 2Lightly steam vegetables (I normally do in the microwave for a 30 to 60 seconds).
- 3Add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat over a medium to high heat in a large frypan or wok, cook fish till just done, remove to a plate.
- 4Add more oil, if required and cook the prawns till just cooked through, remove to a plate.
- 5Add more oil, if required and cook the scallops till just done, remove to plate.
- 6Wipe out the frypan and add more oil and heat up over medium to high heat and quickly cook the squid rings to just done and remove to plate.
- 7Wipe frypan clean and heat 1 teaspoon of oil over low heat and add the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook till fragrant.
- 8Add the cream and sour cream and lightly simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Add the cooked seafood and lightly steamed vegetables and stir to coat, lightly simmering for 2 to 5 minutes till heated through.
- 10Add cooked pasta and spring onions, stirring to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- 11Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Garlicy Seafood Marinara
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 167.0 mg
- Sodium 649.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: