Quite simple, not alot of work involved. Produces a wonderful soup full of flavour! I made this recipe a few weeks ago on a very cold day. As for preperation of the bacon, you can choose to cook it in the stock pot, leaving behind as much fat as possible for flavour, and add back after cooking of the rest of the soup, or do as I've suggested with the microwave. I suggested the microwave because making the bacon cripsy is much easier this way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onion and garlic in a stock pot until onion is tender (medium heat suggested).
- 2Pour in vegetable stock. Add potatoes and bay leaves to the mix. Cook until potatoes are just tender.
- 3While waiting for potatoes to cook, Place bacon pieces on a microwave safe dish. Place into microwave and set timer for 2-3 minutes to crispen bacon. If you prefer your bacon still a bit crisper set time for a further 2-3 minutes.
- 4For a smooth soup, pour mixture into a food processor. Pulse a couple of times, then put onto a slow blend for 30 seconds. For a coarse soup, use a potatoe masher or hand blender to break up potatoes just a bit.Add bacon to soup just before serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato and Bacon Soup.
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.0
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 548.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: