1/1 Photo of Creamy Sour Cream Potato Salad
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A recipe from an old Australian Women's Weekly Cookbook. The french dressing and the sour cream put a nice tang to this version of potato salad. I have included the 1 hour resting time for the potatoes in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using old potatoes, peel and cook until tender but still firm; if using new potatoes, cook in their jackets until tender but still firm.
- 2You can either leave the skin (jackets) on the new potatoes or peel the skin off the new potates when cooked, if desired.
- 3I prefer to leave the skin (jackets) on the new potatoes.
- 4Slice potatoes into large dice while still warm.
- 5Put the warm potatoes into a bowl, pour the french dressing immediately over the warm potatoes, toss gently to coat each potato piece with the dressing.
- 6Let stand for 1 hour.
- 7Add celery and shallots.
- 8Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard, blend well.
- 9Mix gently into potato mixture.
- 10Salt to taste and then refrigerate.
- 11Just before serving, mix in the diced deseeded cucumber.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Sour Cream Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.8
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 876.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g