Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A recipe from an old Australian Women's Weekly Cookbook. The french dressing and the sour cream put a nice tang to this version of potato salad. I have included the 1 hour resting time for the potatoes in the cooking time.
- If using old potatoes, peel and cook until tender but still firm; if using new potatoes, cook in their jackets until tender but still firm.
- You can either leave the skin (jackets) on the new potatoes or peel the skin off the new potates when cooked, if desired.
- I prefer to leave the skin (jackets) on the new potatoes.
- Slice potatoes into large dice while still warm.
- Put the warm potatoes into a bowl, pour the french dressing immediately over the warm potatoes, toss gently to coat each potato piece with the dressing.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Add celery and shallots.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard, blend well.
- Mix gently into potato mixture.
- Salt to taste and then refrigerate.
- Just before serving, mix in the diced deseeded cucumber.
This was great and as you said the dressing and sour cream does give it a nice ting. I went with leaving the skin on some new potatoes and that made it nice and quick to put together as well.