1/1 Photo of Creamy Spinach, Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce for Pasta
I got the idea for this from a recipe by Kim127. I made this at work last night and it was very good I think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 400 g bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup cream (I use light)
- 1 (300 g) box frozen spinach, thawed
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (shake them in a dry pan over high heat until golden-remove to a plate to cool)
- 1Heat the oil in a large frypan and fry the onion, garlic and bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the white wine, cream, spinach and black pepper and bring to a gentle boil; reduce the heat and cook for a couple of minutes.
- 3Add the sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese, stir through and serve with the cooked pasta of your choice, with the toasted pinenuts over the top.
- 4Serve with extra parmesan if you wish.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Spinach, Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce for Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 850.2
- Calories from Fat 696
- Total Fat 77.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 1244.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 22.3 g