1/5 Photos of Creamy Yellow Summer Squash Soup
This recipe comes from "The Classic Zucchini Cookbook", with only minor additions. It is a quick and easy beginning for elegant dinner memories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 2Add the leeks and saute about 5 minutes or until softened and transulucent.
- 3Stir in 1 cup of the broth along with the squash; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until just tender.
- 4Transfer the squash mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 5Return puree to the saucepan and add the remaining broth and milk.
- 6Add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Heat through and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Yellow Summer Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 168.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 8.9 g