This recipe comes from "The Classic Zucchini Cookbook", with only minor additions. It is a quick and easy beginning for elegant dinner memories.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the leeks and saute about 5 minutes or until softened and transulucent.
- Stir in 1 cup of the broth along with the squash; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until just tender.
- Transfer the squash mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return puree to the saucepan and add the remaining broth and milk.
- Add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through and serve.