1/1 Photo of Crema Catalana
Charlotte J's Note:
From the magazine "Delicious" August 2005 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- 2Put cream, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and peel in a pan over medium heat.
- 3Bring just to boiling point, then remove from heat.
- 4Whisk together yolks and caster sugar in a large bowl.
- 5Strain cream and pour slowly over yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- 6Skim off any foam.
- 7Put six 1/2-cup (125ml) ramekins in a large roasting pan and spoon mixture into ramekins.
- 8Pour hot water into pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins, then cover the whole pan with foil.
- 9Bake for 35-40 minutes or until just set.
- 10Lift the ramekins out of the pan and leave to cool before chilling in the fridge for 2 hours.
- 11When ready to serve, preheat the grill to high.
- 12Place ramekins on a baking tray, sprinkle brown sugar over chilled creams, then place under the grill (oven broiler) for 2-3 minutes until sugar is melted and dark golden.
- 13Leave for a few minutes for sugar to cool and harden before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crema Catalana
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.3
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 258.6 mg
- Sodium 62.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of
lemons, rind of