melting pot's Note:
This is from Donna Hay. You can use it to fill pastry tarts and top with fruit, or to accompany cakes. It's like a very thick custard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the milk and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk the yolks and sugar in a medium sized bowl together till pale.
- 3Add the cornflour and whisk thoroughly.
- 4Pour in the hot milk gradually and whisk for 10 seconds, before pouring the whole lot back into the saucepan.
- 5Simmer on medium high heat for 5 minutes, continuously whisking, or until thick.
- 6Place a sheet of baking paper or plastic wrap diurectly onto the surface of the creme, and leave at room temperature to cool.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creme Patissiere
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 33.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g