1/1 Photo of Crispy Crab Pizza With Rocket Salad Topping
Aus/NZ Hosts's Note:
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992 Chef #547750 wrote "I had a pizza with a base like this in France once. They like them with a very thin, crispy pastry base rather than a yeast bread base."
My Private Note
for lun ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry (savoury, frozen or freshly made)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (paste or finely chop them)
- 1 fresh chili pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 200 g crabmeat (cooked and shredded)
- 1 lime
- 50 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup rocket
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1Roll the pastry to 1/4"/5mm.
- 2Mix the finely chopped chilli with the sun-dried tomato paste or finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and spread all over the pastry. Look for the tubs of sun-dried tomato pesto beside the regular basil pesto in the fridge section of your supermarket. It makes a great tasty pizza sauce.
- 3Bake in a hot oven (200C or 400F) for 8 minutes.
- 4Zest and juice the lime.
- 5Combine the shredded crab meat, lime zest, lemongrass and a little of lime juice.
- 6Slice the mozzarella into about 6 slices.
- 7Remove the pastry from the oven and scatter the crab mixture and mozzarella slices over the top. Add a grind of black pepper and salt to taste.
- 8Put back in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- 9To serve, scatter the rocket over the pizza while still hot. Thin the mayonnaise with the rest of the lime juice and drizzle over the rocket.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Crab Pizza With Rocket Salad Topping
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1461.6
- Calories from Fat 787
- Total Fat 87.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.9 mg
- Sodium 3383.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 61.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: