This may seem rather strange at first, cooking the floured chicken without any added fat, but provided you cook it good and slowly, the skin will generally release enough fat to prevent any burning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the garlic, lemon rind, mustard, thyme leaves and some salt and pepper.
- 2Season the chicken thighs, then pull the skin back from the flesh.
- 3Spread with the mustard mixture, then stretch the skin back into place.
- 4Season the cornflour with salt and pepper then roll the chicken thighs in the mixture.
- 5Set a large non stick pan over a low heat and, when hot, add the chicken thighs, skin side down.
- 6Cook for 20 minutes without turning until the skin is crunchy and deep golden and the chicken is almost completely cooked through.
- 7Turn over the chicken, pouring off any excess fat.
- 8Pour in the wine and lemon juice and add the thyme sprigs, then raise the heat and bubble rapidly for 3-4 minutes.
- 9Add the stock and simmer for for a further 2-3 minutes until the sauce is smooth and thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Lemon Fusion Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.4
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 209.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme leaves