Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This may seem rather strange at first, cooking the floured chicken without any added fat, but provided you cook it good and slowly, the skin will generally release enough fat to prevent any burning.
- Mix together the garlic, lemon rind, mustard, thyme leaves and some salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken thighs, then pull the skin back from the flesh.
- Spread with the mustard mixture, then stretch the skin back into place.
- Season the cornflour with salt and pepper then roll the chicken thighs in the mixture.
- Set a large non stick pan over a low heat and, when hot, add the chicken thighs, skin side down.
- Cook for 20 minutes without turning until the skin is crunchy and deep golden and the chicken is almost completely cooked through.
- Turn over the chicken, pouring off any excess fat.
- Pour in the wine and lemon juice and add the thyme sprigs, then raise the heat and bubble rapidly for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for for a further 2-3 minutes until the sauce is smooth and thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve warm.