I thought of this the other week when I was tired of the same old potato dishes. Similar to what my mum used to make. My DH has requested twice since.
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Dice potatoes into bite size pieces (approx 1 inch).
- Pour olive oil& melted butter into ovenproof dish.
- Toss diced potatoes in oil& butter.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle cheese& breadcrumbs over potatoes.
- Toss mixture til potatoes are covered in cheese& bread crumbs.
- Cook in oven for approx 30 mins (til golden& crispy) turning once half way thru.
- Secrets to success, make sure oven is hot& adding the olive oil stops the butter from burning.