I thought of this the other week when I was tired of the same old potato dishes. Similar to what my mum used to make. My DH has requested twice since.
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Dice potatoes into bite size pieces (approx 1 inch).
- Pour olive oil& melted butter into ovenproof dish.
- Toss diced potatoes in oil& butter.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle cheese& breadcrumbs over potatoes.
- Toss mixture til potatoes are covered in cheese& bread crumbs.
- Cook in oven for approx 30 mins (til golden& crispy) turning once half way thru.
- Secrets to success, make sure oven is hot& adding the olive oil stops the butter from burning.
Thanks for posting this great recipe. To make it even easier I put the potatoes into a plastic bag & then added the other ingredients and mixed them together. Keeps hands clean :) I then put them into the dish. What I liked was that I could prepare them earlier in the afternoon, meaning more time for relaxing with friends :) Had them with grilled sausages to which I added a can of savoury diced tomatoes after they were cooked and then just heated them through, with a green salad on the side. My friends enjoyed this easy Sunday evening meal.
Very, very yummy. Best potatoes I've ever had. I also tried this with eggplant it and came out great. Much easier than dipping in egg and frying.
i loooooooooove this recipe:) i find myself making these for breakfast or dinner. A simple recipe with tremendous flavor and personality. Its crispy, crunchy and yummy! Many thanks for sharing.