This salad has everything - colour, texture, flavour and it tastes great! It's very popular, even with the kids. And the salad dressing has all the flavour of wasabi without the sting. The fish is simple and tasty and quick. I often serve this with a side of white rice. I entered this recipe in a national cooking contest for Australian Good Taste and was the finalist for my state. The magazine took the lovely photo...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 4 (170 g) salmon fillets (2cm thick )
- olive oil, to grease
- 1 (150 g) package baby spinach leaves
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 45 g drained pickled ginger
- 1 green shallot, end trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 (100 g) package chang's brand crunchy fried Chinese noodles
- fresh ground black pepper
- lime wedge, to serve
- 125 g good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1Place rock salt and lime rind in a mortar and pound with a pestle until finely crushed. Sprinkle salmon with salt mixture.
- 2Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan on high. Brush salmon with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 3To make wasabi dressing, combine the mayo, oil, wasabi and soy sauce in a bowl.
- 4Place the spinach, avocado, capsicum, onion, ginger, shallot and coriander in a bowl. Add noodles and toss to combine.
- 5Divide the salad among serving plates. Top with salmon, drizzle with wasabi dressing and season with pepper. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Skin Salmon, Rainbow Salad and Wasabi Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.2
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 736.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: