Variant on a few other rabbit / crock pot recipes I've tried. It makes a hearty one-pot meal for two people. I always like to leave the vegetables nice and chunky. You could try a little less liquid and therefore less flour to thicken, however I found this works well and the additional liquid plays well with the vegetables during cooking.
- Grind pepper over the rabbit and place in the crock pot.
- Combine all other ingredients EXCEPT FLOUR in a large bowl, mix well and pour over the rabbit.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours for a small rabbit, or up to 8 hours for a large rabbit. Actually cook for half an hour less as below.
- Thirty minutes before ready blend flour with 1/2 cup of water until it is a smooth paste, add to the pot and stir well to thicken and continue cooking covered for a further 30 minutes.
- Give it a good stir and allow to rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
- At this point the rabbit should be so tender that you can tear pieces off with a fork to serve rather than cut. Just scoop it all out onto a plate.
- You'll end up with bones in the dish so eat much like you would a fish dish being careful for bones. Serve along with a nice crusty roll to soak up the juices.