1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Rabbit Stew
6 hrs 15 mins
Peter J's Note:
Variant on a few other rabbit / crock pot recipes I've tried. It makes a hearty one-pot meal for two people. I always like to leave the vegetables nice and chunky. You could try a little less liquid and therefore less flour to thicken, however I found this works well and the additional liquid plays well with the vegetables during cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind pepper over the rabbit and place in the crock pot.
- 2Combine all other ingredients EXCEPT FLOUR in a large bowl, mix well and pour over the rabbit.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 6 hours for a small rabbit, or up to 8 hours for a large rabbit. Actually cook for half an hour less as below.
- 4Thirty minutes before ready blend flour with 1/2 cup of water until it is a smooth paste, add to the pot and stir well to thicken and continue cooking covered for a further 30 minutes.
- 5Give it a good stir and allow to rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
- 6At this point the rabbit should be so tender that you can tear pieces off with a fork to serve rather than cut. Just scoop it all out onto a plate.
- 7You'll end up with bones in the dish so eat much like you would a fish dish being careful for bones. Serve along with a nice crusty roll to soak up the juices.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Rabbit Stew
Serving Size: 1 (771 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 980.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: