1/1 Photo of Croissant Bread & Butter Pudding
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Once you've soaked the raisins in Frangelico for an hour, this scrumptious dessert is really quick to prepare. I found this recipe in the July 2002 issue of the Australian 'Family Circle'. For added decadence, use chocolate croissants, or if you cannot get chocolate croissants (Baker's Delight sell them) add some chocolate chips! The soaking time has not been included in the preparation time below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the raisins in a glass bowl and pour the Frangelico over them and set aside for 1 hour.
- 2Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- 3Cut the croissants almost in half horizontally, open out and place each croissant in an individual 11/4 cup or 310ml ovenproof dish; drain the raisins, reserving the Frangelico that hasn't soaked into the raisins.
- 4Scatter the raisins on and around the croissants. (If adding chocolate chips, add them now).
- 5Combine the milk, cream, sugar and eggs and the reserved Frangelico in a large jug.
- 6Slowly pour the milk mixture over the croissants, allowing it to soak inches.
- 7Place the dishes on a baking tray and bake the croissant puddings for 35 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croissant Bread & Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.8
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 208.6 mg
- Sodium 527.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: