Absolutely yum! Do not overcook calamari otherwise it will be rubbery. Stick to the time frame below and you will be okay!.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 2Cut calamari into 1 cm thick rings.
- 3Place flour, salt & pepper into a bowl, mix through.
- 4Beat eggs and water in a separate bow.
- 5Place cornflake crumbs or breadcrumbs and a couple of decent sized sprinkles of vegetable seasoning into a third bowl and mix.
- 6Coat calamari in flour mix, dip into egg mixture and then coat in breadcrumb mixture. Press breadcrumbs on with fingertips. Place on lined baking tray.
- 7Preheat oven to 150. Pour oil into a deep, heavy-based saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook calamari rings in batches for 2 to 3 minutes or until light golden.
- 8Remove calamari to a wire rack over a lined baking tray. Keep warm in oven whilst cooking remaining calamari.
- 9Mix 3-4 tblspns of good egg mayonnaise with a squeeze of lemon juice and a couple of tspns of crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- 10Serve calamari with the garlic/lemon aioli, chips and salad.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crumbed Calamari With Lemon and Garlic Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 304.3 mg
- Sodium 283.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 19.5 g