Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Absolutely yum! Do not overcook calamari otherwise it will be rubbery. Stick to the time frame below and you will be okay!.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut calamari into 1 cm thick rings.
- Place flour, salt & pepper into a bowl, mix through.
- Beat eggs and water in a separate bow.
- Place cornflake crumbs or breadcrumbs and a couple of decent sized sprinkles of vegetable seasoning into a third bowl and mix.
- Coat calamari in flour mix, dip into egg mixture and then coat in breadcrumb mixture. Press breadcrumbs on with fingertips. Place on lined baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 150. Pour oil into a deep, heavy-based saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook calamari rings in batches for 2 to 3 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove calamari to a wire rack over a lined baking tray. Keep warm in oven whilst cooking remaining calamari.
- Mix 3-4 tblspns of good egg mayonnaise with a squeeze of lemon juice and a couple of tspns of crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Serve calamari with the garlic/lemon aioli, chips and salad.