From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
Make and share this Crumbed Chicken With Potato Wedges recipe from Food.com.
- 300 g baby potatoes (chats cut into wedges)
- cooking spray (olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 egg white (from 50 gram egg)
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 30 g panko breadcrumbs (breadcrumbs 1/2 cup)
- 2 (150 g) skinless chicken breast halves (trimmed of fat)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 45 g mixed salad greens (3 cups)
- 1 carrot (small cut into sticks)
- 1⁄2 red capsicum (small cut into strips bell pepper)
- 30 g mung beans (1/3 cup)
- lemon wedge (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 210C (fan forced).
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and put potato on one of the trays and spray with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile put flour on a small plate and put egg white and milk in a shallow bowl and whisk until combined and put breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Dip chicken in flour, shaking off excess and the dip into egg mixture, then into the breadcrumbs and then put on a plate.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium and add chicken and cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to the second baking tray and add to the oven and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is cook through and the potato wedges are golden brown.
- Put the salad leaves, carrot, capsicum and mung beans in a bowl and toss together.
- Serve the chicken and potato wedges with the lemon wedges and salad.