1/1 Photo of Crumbed Fish With Wedges
From Australian Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living. For the corn flakes crumbs they recommond Kelloggs as the conform to the nutritional guidelines for diabetics. Perch was recommended.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g baby potatoes (cut into wedges)
- cooking spray
- 1 egg (50 grams)
- 40 g skim milk (1/4 cup)
- 40 g plain flour (wholemeal)
- 50 g corn flake crumbs (1/3 cup)
- 300 g white fish fillets (boneless cut into 2cm thick strips)
- 4 lettuce leaves (iceberg, roughly chopped)
- 1 cucumber (lebanese chopped)
- 125 g grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1/3 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon (cut into wedges to serve)
- tomato sauce (ketchup salt-reduced to serve optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 190C fan forced.
- 2Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and put potato wedges on 1 tray and spray with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile put the egg and milk in a shallow bowl and whisk well to combine.
- 4Put flour and crumbs on separate plates.
- 5Dip fish strips into flour, shaking off excess and then dip in egg mix, allowing excess to drip of and then coat in the crumbs and place on second tray.
- 6Add fish to oven with wedges and cook for a further 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through and wedges are tender.
- 7Meanwhile put lettuce, cucumber, tomato and alfalfa sprouts in a medium bowl and add vinegar and season with pepper and toss to combine.
- 8Divide fish between plates and accompany with potato wedges and salad and serve with lemon wedges and tomato sauce if having.
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crumbed Fish With Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 193.9 mg
- Sodium 376.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar