bluemoon downunder's Note:
My adaptation of a "sizzling sausages" recipe in the current issue of the Australian magazine 'New Idea'. I have posted four other "sizzling sausages" recipes: Lemon and Thyme Sausage Kebabs, Mexican Sausage Tortillas, Beef Sausage Hot Dogs With Basil & Lemon Mayonnaise and Budget-Savvy Sang Choy Bow. These have been featured as flavoursome, budget-savvy recipes. This one, the 'New Idea' cooking editor Barbara Northwood has costed at $A2.45 per serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 pork sausages
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup corn flake crumbs or 3/4 cup Special K cereal, crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- moroccan seasoning, to taste (optional)
- cooking spray
- lemon wedge, to serve
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1Place the sausages in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring slowly to the boil; simmer for about 15 minutes, or until cooked right through; drain; cool.
- 2Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°-375°F/4-6 gas mark.
- 3To make the coleslaw, place the mayonnaise and lemon juice in a large bowl; stir to combine; season with salt and pepper; add the cabbages and carrot; toss to combine; set aside.
- 4If using garlic, red pepper flakes or the Moroccan seasoning, add it to the corn flake crumbs.
- 5Coat the cooled sausages in flour; dip in the eggs; coat evenly in the cornflake crumbs or Special K crumbs; place on an oven tray lined with baking paper; spray with oil.
- 6Cook in a moderate oven (180°C/350°-375°F/4-6 gas mark), turning halfway through the cooking time, for about 15 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- 7Serve the sausages with the coleslaw and lemon wedges; garnish with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crumbed Pork Sausages With Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.9
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 194.0 mg
- Sodium 1039.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 24.0 g