1/13 Photos of Crusty Cheese and Herb Pull-Apart Bread
Fairy Nuff's Note:
This makes such a yummy loaf - adapted from a recipe in a magazine. Prep time does not include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup of warm water in a small jug or bowl.
- 2Leave in a warm place until frothy (about ten minutes).
- 3Put the flour, salt, milk powder and oil in a large bowl or bench mixer.
- 4Stir to combine and then add the yeast mixture and 1 cup of warm water.
- 5Mix to a soft dough and then knead for about ten minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 6Put the dough in an oiled bowl and cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap.
- 7Leave the dough in a warm place for an hour or until doubled in size.
- 8Punch the dough down and knead for 1 minute.
- 9Divide in half and out of each half make 10 six cm (2 1/2 inch) flat discs.
- 10Mix the herbs with the cheese and place approximately 3 teaspoons of the mixture onto ten of the discs.
- 11Press the remaining 10 discs on top of the cheesey ones.
- 12Grease a loaf tin (21 x 10. 5 x 6. 5 cm) and stand the discs upright in the prepared tin.
- 13You will have to squeeze them together to fit them all inches.
- 14Cover with a clean cloth and leave in a warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 15Preheat the oven to 200°C - 400°F.
- 16Glaze the loaf with a little milk and bake for 30-40 minutes or until brown and crusty and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Cheese and Herb Pull-Apart Bread
Serving Size: 1 (693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2664.6
- Calories from Fat 668
- Total Fat 74.2 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 136.2 mg
- Sodium 4247.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 402.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 88.2 g