Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this for dinner tonight with what I had on hand in the fridge and pantry. I thought it was pretty good!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce (the plain one for pasta)
- 1 (400 ml) can light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- salt and pepper
- Cook the onion and garlic in the oil until softened.
- Add the curry powder and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook until all the chicken changes colour.
- Add the capsicum and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, coconut milk, stock, zest and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and onions and and heat through gently.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Serve at once over the cooked pasta of your choice.