I made this for dinner tonight with what I had on hand in the fridge and pantry. I thought it was pretty good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml curry powder (or to taste)
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 118.29 ml red capsicum, sliced
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce (the plain one for pasta)
- 400 ml can light coconut milk
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 236.59 ml broccoli floret, cooked
- 59.14 ml green onion
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook the onion and garlic in the oil until softened.
- 2Add the curry powder and fry for about 1 minute.
- 3Add the chicken and cook until all the chicken changes colour.
- 4Add the capsicum and cook for a couple of minutes.
- 5Add the tomato sauce, coconut milk, stock, zest and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the broccoli and onions and and heat through gently.
- 7Taste for seasonings.
- 8Serve at once over the cooked pasta of your choice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken and Broccoli Sauce for Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 453.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
lemons, zest of