1/2 Photos of Curried Chicken Muffins
1 hr 30 mins
Alma, Perth, Western Australia's Note:
I love savoury muffins. Here's an unusual one I got off a lifestyle programme called Burke's Backyard in Australia. Curried Chicken Muffins - makes 12 - tastes good in lunch boxes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, thickly sliced
- 3 chicken thigh fillets, chopped (200 grams)
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (I use Vindaloo)
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, extra
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 1Preheat oven to 190 C (380F). Grease a 12 hole muffin tin with butter and oil.
- 2Make sure to grease the top of the tin well so any mix won't stick as they rise. Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion rings over a medium heat, stirring often.
- 3Cook but DON'T brown them, adding a splash of water helps (you want them to stay white looking for effect - so they say), takes 5-10 minutes.
- 4Put the onions aside. 3/4 will be used for presentation, chop the other 1/4.
- 5Heat the pan again and add a little bit of oil and the chicken.
- 6Stir until it begins to turn white and then add the curry paste. Cook slightly, adding a splash of water to speed up the process.
- 7Cook for a further minute then remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt. Let it cool slightly.
- 8Sift flour into a large bowl from a good height to aerate it well.
- 9Add the chopped onions, lemon juice, eggs, vegetable oil, cooled curried chicken and chopped coriander and mix well.
- 10Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin tin and push the onion rigs on top by gently pressing in.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.
- 12Allow to cool completely.
- 13Good picnic food.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 48.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g